Thursday, July 1, 2010

Spreading the First Descents Love in Texas!

Last weekend in Dallas, I had the honor of attending and speaking at a First Descents dinner party. If you haven't heard of First Descents, check them out! I had the experience of a lifetime at the Wisconsin kayaking camp in June 2009.

FD volunteers Scott and Anna Ritter hosted the dinner party to promote the FD message. We gathered at the beautiful home of Art and Linda Alexander. About 45 FD friends and family gathered for dinner and wine to discuss the FD programs for young adult survivors. FD Founder Brad Ludden and Board Member and Executive Director Joel Appel were there to provide details on the FD mission and programs, and guests got to view part of the new documentary about FD called The River Ward. (Click here to view The River Ward trailer)

I am attending the Vail kayaking camp at the end of August, and I can not wait to get back on the river! This year I am going to get my roll!!

No comments: