Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Treatment Update

A Summary of My Treatment

Lumpectomy 6/2008. My margins were clean :)
Chemotherapy: Taxotere and Carboplatin. I got these one time every three weeks for 6 treatments. Finished chemo 10-30-2008!!!
Radiation: Finished 7 weeks of radiation January 30, 2009!
Hormone treatment: Zoladex and Tamoxifen. I will continue it for 3-5 years. Boo.
Biological therapy: Herceptin is an antibody that I get an infusion of every 3 weeks for the next.. well, seems like forever.

I've been on Tamoxifen now for 3 months and Zoladex for 2 months. I had hot flashes all during chemo and for the first month on Tamoxifen. Suddenly, they stopped. I got rather worried that my hormone levels were too high again. I had my onco check them and sure enough....through the roof. So, my doc started me on Zoladex to suppress ovarian function and so far, I haven't experienced any aggonizing hot flashes. I am still waiting. lol. My doc said hot flashes aren't an indication of whether or not the Zoladex is working, so maybe I am just a lucky gal and I won't get hot flashes. Unlikely I suspect. I get my levels tested again next month and then I'll feel confident that the Zoladex is doing it's job. So far, not so much.

No comments: